MonViso, use code
LIGHTHOUSE10 for a discount on your next purchase.
The Michelin Guides recently announced the launch of a new Dubai guide (the first Michelin Guide in the Middle East) in June 2022. Hashem and his co-host Samantha Wood aka FooDiva sit down with Gwendal Poullennec, the Guides’ International Director. Over coffee and shakshouka, Hashem and Samantha ask a tight-lipped Poullennec their most pressing questions to contextualize and debunk some of the most common urban legends surrounding this heritage ‘award’ which dates back to 1900. Among them: what are the criteria of awarding a star; are Michelin inspectors all tall and skinny; how many meals do inspectors eat every day and what makes Dubai’s culinary scene stand out?
- Episode: MENA’s 50Best restaurants with Claudia de Brito and Samantha Wood
- The Michelin Guide is coming to Dubai
- FooDiva: Is Dubai ready for Michelin (2012)
- The Man Who Changed the Way We Eat: Craig Claiborne and the American Food Renaissance
- WSJ: Is Dubai the next great food destination
- FooDiva: There is no such thing as a Michelin Chef (2017)
- Episode: Debra Kletter on creating magical ‘food experiences’ for her clients
- Episode: FooDiva AKA Samantha Wood on her restaurant review process