We believe privacy is important and any data collection required by the services we offer should be need-only, and transparent. To that end, this privacy statement outlines all the data that the Amaeya L.L.C. (“Amaeya Media”, the “Company” or the “Network”) touches & the ways in which this data is stored and may be used.
Amaeya Media does not personally identify or track users who interact with its websites, and does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Amaeya Network site, sub-site or third parties through advertising technologies. Any collection of data is only through explicity user authorisation, such as during suveys, or user sign-ups to our mailing list.
Currently, we collect information from users through the following touch points:
- When signing up to our newsletter or a membership, you provide your name and email address. This is the only information we have about you and all we need to operate our newsletter or the Amaeya membership program (not currently active).
- We use a few third-party services or vendors listed below to help with delivery of our content, delivery of newsletters and processing of payment where needed.
- We maintain compliance with PCI-DSS by always using a compliant payment gateway, and never storing your full credit card number or any payment details.
We collect data in the following ways:
- If you enter into a direct agreement with Amaeya or any of our shows for the provision of services in exchange of payment, we will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- If you sign up for a paid membership, or to our newsletter, you provide explicit consent to us to collect the above listed personal information.
- Amaeya may have legitimate interests for the collection of the above listed personal information, which will be done within the scope of current laws as applicable.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Sending you newsletters and account-related email
- Sending you statements or invoices
- Collect payments from you
- Sending you marketing information
- Administer membership to the service (not active at this time)
In any event where Amaeya discloses your personal information to its agents, sub-contractors or partners, the party in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy. This does not apply to third-party vendors that collect your data directly from you, for example when you sign up at a payment gateway to pay. Amaeya has no need to share any personal information with third-parties and does not do so.
Amaeya may disclose your privacy information to the extent that it is required by law, in connection with any current or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Services we use
Amaeya Media uses a few third-party services to deliver our media and services.
We use Megaphone to host our shows, which includes our audio files, related show content and downloads measurement. Megaphone also manages our advertising inventory.
- When you listen to an episode in a podcast app such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify, information about your device and what you're listening to is shared with Megaphone for analytics purpose.
- Listener specific data collection by our provider includes:
|Listener data||When a listener plays a podcast hosted by Megaphone, we collect your IP address and user agent. If you'd like to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or clear out previously installed cookies, you can find instructions for your web browser.|
|Inference data||We obtain from Nielsen inferences drawn about your interests and preferences based on your online and offline activities. You can find options to opt-out from Nielsen sharing listener data with us here.|
- All our shows employ Chartable's Trackable service as an added analytics layer to collect download information compliant with the Interactive Advertising Bureau's Podcast Measurement Standard v2.0.
As of 2019, we have deactivated Facebook Pixel tracking from our site and podcasts.
Amaeya Media is happy to review these services at any time should a better privacy-focused alternative be available that continues to allow us to see valuable data required for our business such as traffic, hits & referrers. Please feel free to reach out should you wish to recommend such services to us.
Amaeya will take all reasonable technical & organizational measures to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your your information that may be stored with us. All data will be stored on secure servers and all traffic to our website is done over Secure Socket Layers within the web’s Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS over SSL/TLS 1.3) as of June 10, 2018.
Information collected by Amaeya may be stored and/or processed in, and transferred between any countries in which Amaeya or its partners operate. Additionally, personal information you submit for publication or that is featured in our content would be published on our site or within our episodes and may be available around the world. You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information where applicable. We honor requests to remain anonymous.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18, or knowingly allow them to register with the Website or our newsletter. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental information, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact us & let us know if you believe we have any information about a child under 18.
A note on GDPR
Amaeya seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR.
- You may cancel your membership or newsletter subscription at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, reach out to us at
privacy at amaeya dot mediaand it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- We do not carry out any data science projects on user data or have any plans to do so. Should this change, we will notify our users before doing so, and provide a reasonable timeframe to let us know if you wish your data to be deleted prior to such a change.
- At any time, you may request any identifiable data we have about you, which we will do as soon as possible.
- We provide an option to unsubscribe in the footer of every newsletter we send. This allows you to unsubscribe from the newsletter automatically without requiring our intervention. Upon doing so, we would not send you any further newsletters. Your name and email address would still remain in our contact lists, and you can reach out to us to have this removed as well.
Our website, newsletter & social media accounts contain links to other websites. Amaeya is not responsible for the content of these third-party sites or their privacy policies.
Our Data Protection Officer is Chirag Desai, who can be reached at
privacy at amaeya dot media.
We may update this policy as needed by posting the new version on this page with the updated version number and date.
- Version 2.0, updated 15 July 2021 to update hosting provider to Megaphone, removed Substack
- Version 1.5 updated 3 April 2021, to include Substack.
- Version 1.4 updated 20 March 2021 to include Plausible.io
- Version 1.3 updated November 2019